An Introduction to Part 1 of 'Breaking Sara's Curse'

After winning a 1:12 BJD with pale nearly white blonde hair and grey eyes from a creator on EBay, I had no idea what to do with her, but the film Hocus Pocus have me an inspiration: What if a Good Fairy had cursed one of the witches before the end of the film? Instead of death she instead had turned into a tiny miniature person that is dollhouse sized.

This is the jumping off point of my idea on how I'm going to dress this new doll and what type of home she will need. Most people who create in miniature don't have everyday objects in the scene because it brings the person out of the scale when they view the creations so I know I MUST be extremely careful, but I believe that I can pull this idea off!

The first dollhouse for my Sara is going to be the Laser Cut Diana by Greenleaf. It's going to both be her home, and also a Good Witch's Apothecary to sell potions to the creatures of the Forest for Healing and Wellness.

The dollhouse not going to be wired for electricity because this is part of the story: Sara has found an already built (but abandoned) dollhouse out in the woods and used Magic to transport it to the top of a tree hollow to live inside. So if course it cannot have electricity to it, but I think that Sara would want  lights so she has stolen battery-operated dollhouse lamps and chandeliers for her home!

Over the years I've seen Harry Potter types of miniature scenes, dark witches, good fairies and all that sort, but I rarely run across a Good Witch or White Witch's home or shoppe and I want to see what that would be like: No blood potions or dark witches decorations.

Sara's house after the Miniature Curse is broken will be a Real Good Toys (RGT) to have the largest difference between the style of dollhouses that I possibly can. This home will most likely be a Farmhouse and the RGT barn with horses and other farm animals. Her store will be in town and should be the three made by Houseworks. I'm thinking of including at least two other Good Witches to share her home with as she will need the positive influences of other White Witches to keep her on path of redemption.

Maybe Shabby Chic for decorations along with White Witch accessories?

A lot of planning is going into this, but that's what makes it so much fun!

Comments